INNOVATIONOVA

Innovate Your Life!

Glucotrust

Monday, December 30, 2013

Kindness – The Most Valuable Gift

" Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle"

Around five years ago I was sitting outside of a Mayfair coffee shop, having just received a very difficult phone call. I broke down in tears, which is highly unusual for me but the call was the final straw and life suddenly plunged into the realms of 'overwhelming'. Once the tears had started, there was no stopping them… they were silent but in full flow. Conscious of time, I finished my coffee in between silent crying and very loud nose blowing and as I was just pulling myself back together to head back to the office, a middle aged man walked up to my table, handed me a folded up piece of paper, smiled and walked off.  As I read his note, the tears started all over again but this time because of his unprompted intervention and anonymous show of support. This was the first and last time I saw the man but no act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted. This is what he had written on the folded up piece of paper.


Glucotrust

Smile softly when the moon comes creeping

and the night removes the day,

Dream happy when the world is sleeping

even though the clouds are grey,

Be eager when the sun comes peeping

though your thoughts are far away,

Let your heart forget its weeping

For, I will smile for you today.

I was touched by his kindness, moved by the words he had written and right then and right there, the smallest act of kindness was worth more to me than the greatest intention. I would like to thank that man, whoever and wherever he is… he brought me reassurance, peace and inner happiness. The lesson I have learned from this is that in the end, it is only kindness that matters and one kind word can change someone's entire day.


Source:
www.theevolutionof.me
http://innovationova.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment